* Are you ready to lead a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Move your Career forward with Airgas as a Plant Manager at our Savannah, GA facility!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations.
Supervises and coordinates activities of Plant Operators engaged in producing and repackaging compressed and liquid gases into cylinders.
* Operate and safely maintain the high pressure gas repackaging plant while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local and company policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
* Manage and lead subordinate supervisors to provide leadership to Plant Operators.
* Conduct periodic checks of plant for safe and efficient operation.
* Assigns job tasks to plant operators according to customer needs, current stock levels, and workers' expertise.
* Analyze production schedules and estimates man-hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
* Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
* Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge of capacities of machines and equipment.
* Implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, and changes working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
* Ensure all injuries and accidents are properly investigated and reported within 24 hours.
* Resolve problems associated with plant operation.
* Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed and safety training is regularly scheduled, conducted and documented.
* Provide coaching and corrective action promptly, to ensure that poor performers are identified, documented and improved to acceptable performance, or released.
* Approve overtime when essential, while keeping overtime at acceptable levels.
* Ensure employee complaints, grievances, etc. are effectively handled.
* Ensure pre-employment documentation and physical examinations are completed in a timely manner.
* Corrects unsafe acts or conditions without delay.
* Analyze and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
* Initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
* Train new workers and cross trains employees to continue production during personnel shortages.
* Maintain time and production records
* Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
* Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
* Highschool diploma or equivalent (GED). Bachelor's degree in related field a plus.
* 5years of production experience, preferably in our industry or a manufacturing ordistribution environment.
* 3years of experience supervising, motivating and leading associates.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Analyticability demonstrated by working knowledge of gas chromatography using FID, TCD,PID detectors, nondispersive infrared and component-specific analyzers foranalysis of gaseous samples.
* Thoroughknowledge of manometric and gravimetric gas blending procedures, and workingknowledge of laws of Partial Pressure.
* Workingknowledge of planning and blending mixtures containing fuel gases and oxidizersas well as other non-compatible gases.
* Workingknowledge of OSHA, DOT, and FDA regulations as they apply to the compressed gasindustry.
* Excellentverbal and written communication skills.
* Excellentorganization, documentation and follow-up skills.
* Computerskills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software.
* Abilityto routinely lift 25 - 60 lbs.
* Abilityto perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; Frequent bending,stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion alsorequired.
* Abilityto perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing,pulling and finger activities.
* Abilityto read and comprehend Materiel Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
* Abilityto work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Mustbe able to work flexible schedule to meet management requirements and customerexpectations.
* Mustbe able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities andbackgrounds.
* Mustbe able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees.
* Mustbe able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Associated topics: cultivate, fertilize, inventory, lawn, manage, manufacture, plant management, ship, transplant, watering