Regional drivers at Averitt carry freight across 25 states primarily in Southern, Southwest and Midwest lanes with occasional runs to the Northeast, but you never have to sacrifice your right to home time every single week. Our CDL-A Regional drivers also enjoy 100% no-touch freight.
CDL-A Regional Truck Driver Benefits:
CDL-A Driver GI Bill Program:
If you are eligible for GI Bill benefits, you can earn up to $1,140 per month tax free, using your available Post 9/11 GI Bill funds, PLUS your weekly Averitt paycheck, PLUS up to $4,800 tuition/transition bonus from Averitt (paid weekly)!
WeARE NOTa truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
CDL-A Regional Truck Driver Job Requirements:
- Must live within 150 mile radius of an Averitt Service Center in which you are applying for.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 4 months verifiable tractor-trailer within the past 3 years OR 5 years within the past 10 years.
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years. (GI Bill Program only)
- Must have a Class A CDL.
- No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years.
- No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years.
- No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the last 5 years.
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality).
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
- Open/ close trailer door- force requirement: 46 lbs
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Hook/ unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Extensive travel - ability to sit upright for extended periods of time
- Move freight- force requirement: 54 lbs
- Regular predictable attendance
- Enter/ exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/ exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
To apply for this position over the phone give us a call at 844-###-####, we're available Monday - Friday from 7 am to 7 pm & Saturday from 8 am to 12 pm CST.
Ready to make a change? APPLY NOW to be an Averitt CDL-A Regional Truck Driver
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.