DHS- Sr. Java Developer-DIS
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Georgia Client (Client), Office of Information Technology, is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Sr. Java Developer to join our Document Imaging Team based in Atlanta, Georgia.
The selected Lead Technician, Sr. Java Developer responsibilities include the integration and design of new application systems and/or life-cycle enhancement to existing complex multi-platform (Java) Client Systems. Responsible for determining the scope of the assigned project(s) by assessing Requirements from business and technical/network personnel. Responsible for evaluation and selection of the appropriate technical platform for the system. Work will include integration planning, integration analysis across multiple technical platforms, integration analysis across Client to include both global system design and detailed program design for complex processes or interfaces, review of database design of new data structures, and suggested modifications to existing data structures. Effectively documents and teaches the structure and function of the new application and/or enhancements resulting from the assigned project(s) to other Web Application Managers and senior technical personnel to insure that the new systems or enhancements operate smooth Clients Client environment.
The selected candidate day to day activities will include @10 % leadership, 30% design/analysis, 80%coding. Candidate will be able to work with a diverse project team, and work in a highly visible and changing project environment with aggressive timelines.
Minimum Qualifications & Skill Set
8+ years web development experience which includes the programming/ development of web applications.
2-3 years of Team lead experience is desirable to apply for the job.
Strong Experience with Java/J2EE, Spring MVC, Hibernate, EJB, Spring.
Excellent communication is a MUST.
* 8+ years web development experience which includes the programming/development of web applications
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Design, code, test, and deploy J2EE based applications into industry-leading container/application server environments such as Websphere/Weblogic/JBoss/Glass Fish application servers.
* Successful track record in designing and implementing web applications using J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC, Flex, Hibernate, EJB 3.0, Struts, Oracle 10g/11g/12c, ANT, Maven, workflow engines, rules engines.
* Experience integrating applications and designing and developing web services and frameworks. Extensive front and back end experience required.
* Experience leading large and small application development teams.
* Outstanding oral and written communication skills and experience working directly with end users to understand and translate requirements to design.
* Demonstrated ability to evaluate new and emerging technologies and vendor products and to constructively apply them to meet identified business and technology goals.
* Taking ownership for producing results.
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically and realize those strategies in application design.
* Strong ability to diagnose critical problems and develop solutions.
* Ability to take part in production support and lead troubleshooting calls as needed.
* Hands-on experience on application operational support activities and in application monitoring tools like Splunk, Dynatrace and AppDynamics.
* Strong understanding and experience with SQL/Stored Procedure.
* Strong understanding and experience with test-driven development.
* Relational databases - preferably Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2
* Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS). 2+ years project experience migrating and deploying cloud-based solutions (AWS)
* Hands-on experience in DevOps and CI/CD
* Hands-on experience in Content Management System (CMS) like Oracle WebCenter or similar products
Loading some great jobs for you...