The Medical Records Field Technician is responsible for retrieving medical records (both paper and electronic forms) from various healthcare facilities on behalf of health plans and other clients. Work will be available throughout the year with peaks during the summer season. Training and equipment will be provided. Competitive reimbursements and mileage are available.
* Travel to and from medical offices arriving on time and in a business casual appearance.
* Scan medical charts at various medical facilities via our predesignated process
* Use company provided scanner or flash drive to scan medical records
* Upload scanned charts to our corporate data center using your high-speed Wi-Fi internet connection
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Working knowledge of medical records and terminology is preferred.
* Ability to work independently in changing work environments
* Able to wear business casual attire and be professional always
* Prefer strong communication & organizational skills
* Must comply with all aspects of Ciox Health's policies and procedures
* Must have access to high-speed Wi-Fi internet to submit work daily.
* Must have ability to print cover sheets
* During training period, must have access to a computer/laptop.
* Intermediate computer skills using a laptop, scanner/printer and flash drive
* Must have the ability to maneuver a 45lb equipment case
* Must have reliable transportation
* RN, LPN, Medical Billing / Coding, CNA, Medical Administration, Medical Assistant, Clinical, Admissions, Personal Care, Mental Health, Chiropractic, Patient Services, Health Information Specialist, Medical Records Clerk, Clinical Care, or any other similar fields that has working knowledge of medical charts is preferred