Description:The coolest jobs on this planet? or any other? are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with supremacy and build incredible products. If you have the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Do all things outer space intrigue you? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Program Planning team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. At Space, we are inspired by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, everything is within our reach - and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
If you are seeking a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual and wish to be a part of an important American institution, we invite you to explore the early career Program Planning opportunity we have supporting the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program in King's Bay, GA. For over 60 years, the FBM team has supported the Navy's mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. Our mission on the FBM program, and yours when you become a part of it, is to help keep this nation and our allies secure.
This early career role will require that you have some understanding of principles, concepts, and practices of long-range program planning. As a Program Planner, you will be responsible for the following:
* Assist in the development of program plans, proposals and production schedules for the program
* Assist in analyzing customer requirements
* Through coordination with engineering, manufacturing production facilities, and the customer, you will assist in developing plans documentation, and schedules to meet customer needs
* Assist in identifying yearly contract requirements to meet those plans and schedules
* Monitor and update plans and schedules as new developments occur (failure to do so, or failure to achieve objectives, may affect schedules)
* Use custom and standard software and data systems to perform analysis and planning
* Develop creative solutions to a variety of problems
* Prepare and present plans to manager and other members of the team
In this role you will need excellent analytical and communication skills as well as the ability to work as a strong teammate. Additionally, being self-motivated, detail oriented, able to document processes for tasks, and able to ensure the accuracy of your work will be vital. You will also need to be able to develop and actively maintain good Lockheed Martin team relationships.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Math, or Logistics related degree with 1-3 years of experience in planning and operations
* Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Able to prepare and give presentations, document processes
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point) competency
* Willingness to travel
* Must be a United States citizen
* Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret security clearance prior to start and ultimately a final Secret clearance
* Active Interim Secret clearance or active Secret clearance
* FBM Planning and/or scheduling experience
* Background in Information Systems, computer programming, etc.
* Demonstrated analytical skills
* Demonstrated problem solving abilities
* Self starter
* Detail oriented
* Excellent team player
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task