The Material Handler I ensures the highest possible quality receiving, shipping and overall warehouse coordination. Provides logistics service to all facility departments and brand services.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports loading and unloading, stacks and otherwise sorts merchandise in designated area in the warehouse; packs and wraps marechandise when required.
- Supports assembling and labeling (as needed) pick racks, shelving, lockers and cabinets to ensure all product is organized throughout the warehouse.
- Sorts various materials (i. e. lenses and laps) to ensure efficient picking for store orders.
- Ensures that all outgoing and incoming orders and shipments are complete and correct before shipping or accepting.
- Uses RF gun to check in and ship all inventory.
- Completes weekly inventory cycle counts in warehouse.
- Keeps warehouse inventory organized and updated in warehouse management system.
- Performs others tasks necessary for shipping and/or receiving of supplies.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong organizational skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to work in a standing/walking position for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift/carry up to 70 pounds
Associated topics: crane, dock, operate, operator warehouse, palletizer, trainee, unloading, warehouse, warehouse engineer, warehouse support