The Tailor's primary responsibility is to sew garments, either to repair or to alter to customer's tastes and to operate on sewing equipment. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking here.
Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
* Perform basic alterations on garments including, but not limited to, sleeves, backs, sides, collars and bodices, inserting shoulder pads, altering waists, taking out hems to lengthen, shortening lengths, and adding cuffs.
* Do minor repairs to garments by replacing buttons, mending seams, and
* Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting
Macy's commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores.
* Give advice regarding the fit and care of garments to customers.
* Write up alterations tickets recording the details of the alterations being
made on the garment.
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
* High School degree or equivalent.
* Prior experience a plus.
* Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Able to use a calculator.
* Must be able to operate and perform basic maintenance on sewing machines.
* Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
* Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
* Should be comfortable with the use of computers.
* Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Associated topics: breakdown, calibrate, customer service, diagnose, equipment, maintenance, maintenance mechanic, malfunction, troubleshoot, upgrade