WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a sales professional to sell both military and telecom electromagnetic and antenna test and measurement equipment. The cost of living in Georgia is extremely reasonable, and life here has something to offer everyone, from cultural, and recreational activities for the entire family, to proven economic growth that many other parts of the country can't offer. ? We also offer good benefits, competitive pay and a great workplace environment.
Our high-tech equipment is used for military and commercial aircraft, race cars, automobiles, cell phones, computers and guided missiles just to name a few. Come join our team if you have proven sales skills, and some technical understanding of this test and measurement equipment, absorbers, antennas, EMC testing, anechoic chambers, or SAR testing.
Regional Sales Manager of Electromagnetics - EMC
Job # 3205
We are hiring an EMC Regional Sales Manager for our Marietta, Georgia office to support our sales efforts. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an engineering firm renowned for Antenna, Radar-Cross-Section (RCS), and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) test & measurement systems. As one of our regional sales managers, you will be part of a customer-focused team dedicated to maximizing EMC test equipment sales through the development of new business and the servicing of a wide variety of customers in aerospace, defense, homeland security, telecommunications, satellite, and automotive sectors utilizing a solutions-based sales approach. Products include RF instrumentation, software, electro-mechanical positioning systems, positioners, anechoic chambers, and RF absorbers.
In this role, you will be joining our overall International Sales Team, specifically supporting the sales opportunities in support of the EMC products and solutions. Specifically, the Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for developing sales for Anechoic Test Chambers, Radar Absorbing Materials for Antenna and EMC testing, and for use in RF and EMP shielding.
This will be achieved by maintaining high level communication with the existing customer base, and by continually increasing the customer database using all sales techniques available. The candidate needs to have a strong technical knowledge in an RF-related subject, and be able to build customer relationships. This will preferably be from within the EMC, antenna measurement, or mobile communications world.
A proven sales track record from within the RF industry is preferred, but not mandatory. This role is multi-faceted, and a well-rounded skill set and an adaptive mind set is required to handle sales from small components up to multi-million dollar, turnkey solutions.
This is a challenging role that requires communication at all levels from end-user engineers and technicians through to top-level senior management.
The candidate must possess a willingness to travel. With travel expectations to be ~ 30% on average.
1. Interact with potential customers to ascertain sales opportunities and understand technical requirements
2. Generate quotations and help to prepare proposals in support of new sales
3. Maintain contact with existing base of customer to keep on top of new opportunities.
4. Search for new potential customers in appointed regions of responsibility, throughout the Americas
5. Develop high quality technical responses and price proposals.
6. Provide regular visit reports with necessary actions, and update company database (CRM) with activity dates
7. Report back into the company with both market and forecast information.
8. Look to continuously improve market and technology understanding.
1. Travel in the sales area and to other company locations as required.
2. Provide back up and overlap to your colleagues in the team.
3. Look to continually improve our technical offer to the customer.
4. Work with the project team to ensure a seamless handover of projects from bid to acceptance. Ensure that areas of technical risk are highlighted at all points of the delivery.
5. Develop business relationships within the market to ensure long term exposure.
6. Continuously develop your technical skills and contribute to the wider company engineering knowledge base.
7. Support Trade Shows - help in making preparations, and in exhibiting
8. Support other marketing activities
9. Other duties as required.
Must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. U.S security clearance would be a plus.
EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
1. A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline, such as electrical engineering is a plus, coupled with knowledge of radio-frequency technology (antennas, radars, microwave devices).
2. 5+ years business experience consisting of some combination of the following:
a. Direct Sales
b. Engineering/Project leadership roles dealing directly with the customer.
c. Product management or business development role.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. RF shielding and EMC test system knowledge.
2. Strong strategic business management literacy and acumen.
3. Ability to demonstrate executive presence, including being well-presented, articulate, conscientious, ethical, punctual, highly-motivated, and demonstrating strong service leadership
4. Proven track record of meeting sales targets.
5. Strong team player with the ability to work well in a team-oriented, short-deadline environment; comfortable dealing with, and managing through ambiguous situations.
6. Strong aptitude for creative problem solving.
7. Ability in coordinating across functional lines in a highly-matrixed work environment to complete important projects; coordinate interrelated projects and manage interdependencies.
8. Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent listening and negotiation capabilities, as well as high quality telephone and presentation skills.
9. Proficiency with MS Office applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree