SQL Developer/ProgrammerJob Locations US-GA-Atlanta Req # 2020-98361 Category Database Administration/Development/Programming Telecommute No Clearance Public Trust
Business Group Highlights
The Health group provides solutions to help government healthcare agencies lower administrative costs, reduce fraud and abuse, and improve the quality of services for individuals. We also provide analytics that combine clinical knowledge with big data technology and techniques to transform petabytes of data into meaningful solutions for our customers.
Perspecta is immediately seeking a mid-level SQL Developer to support the Geospatial Research, Analysis and Services Program (GRASP), which is a program within the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR). GRASP is responsible for geospatial analysis, research, and technology as applied to diverse public health domains including environmental health, site-specific exposure, infectious and chronic disease, injury, and emergency preparedness and response. GRASP works with ATSDR, other Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) centers/institutes/offices, state/local health organizations, other federal agencies, international governments, academia, and advocacy groups.
The position will be primarily based at the CDC Chamblee, GA office location.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Provide expertise in the design, development, and implementation of complex web/mobile/desktop applications.
· Design and develop application components, in particular, the application back-end; Supports custom web application development and support.
· Create and support SQL development to include but not limited to advance and efficient stored procedures and SQL functions. Optimally design and develop databases, tables, views, stored procedures, user defined functions, SSIS packages, and other database objects using SQL Server 2016
· Performs code review, unit and quality assurance testing, and issue resolution supporting all levels from development to production.
· Design and develop database and ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) processes and scripts to support web application development and data processing.
· Work closely with the Database Administrators, enterprise architect and lead developers to ensure that the application design conforms to standards.
· Makes use of SQL, C#, and Common Runtime Language (CLR) for backend database programming support.
· Delivering JSON-object packages to the developers.
· Build routines to manipulate datasets and data flows.
· Loading data from CDC partner sources.
· Work independently following all standards and patterns in place to complete work assignments.
· Work with development teams using Agile methodologies.
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD
· 5+ years’ experience in application development (or 3+ years with an advanced degree)
· Strong experience writing stored procedures
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
· Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...