**Hospice Certified Nursing Assistant \\(CNA\\) \\- PRN**
To increase the level of comfort for hospicepatients and to provide temporary relief to the family from total personal careresponsibility by providing the patient with personal aspects of care\\.
* Commitmentto the Hospice concept and standards\\.
* Abilityto interact with a variety of different age groups\\.
* Abilityto work well independently and within an interdisciplinary team setting\\.
* Abilityto communicate effectively orally and in writing with individuals and groups\\.
* Abilityto handle confidential matters\\.
* Abilityto work a flexible schedule\\.
* Providespatient care services in accordance with policies and procedures and performsonly those services as directed in CNA/PCA care plan\\.
* Providepersonal hygiene aspects of care to patients including bathing, oral hygiene,skin care and hair care\\.
* Assistwith transfer of patient, e\\.g\\., bed to chair, bed to commode, chair/commode tobed\\.
* Assistwith ambulation and exercise of patient as ordered and so assigned\\.
* Assistwith or provide meal preparation and related tasks\\.
* Assistwith feeding of patient\\.
* Maintaina clean, safe and comfortable environment for the patient\\.
* Havean awareness of the emotional status of the patient and be able to understandthe emotional problems associated with the illness\\.
* Coordinatecare with the primary nurse and the director of health services\\.
* Maintainaccurate and up\\-to\\-date records of visits\\.
* Provideas needed comfortable care related to turning and positioning, observations andreporting, and impairment of skin integrity\\.
* Attendregular meetings of the interdisciplinary team and have direct involvement indeveloping, implementing, and evaluating the plan of care\\.
* Reportpatient progress and problems to supervisory personnel and procedures forhandling medical emergencies or other incidents that affect the delivery ofservices in accordance with the patient's service plan\\.
* Providesoptimal care and dignity for the patient\\.
* Performsother duties as assigned by the DHS or Administrator\\.
**KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:**
* Maturityand ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job\\.
* Abilityto read, write, and carry out directions\\.
* Empatheticattitude toward the care of the terminally ill and their families\\.
* Understandingand commitment to the mission of PruittHealth Hospice\\.
* Abilityto listen\\.
* Abilityto document services rendered according to agency policy and procedures and tofollow the CNA/PCA care plan\\.
* Orientationto Hospice and any other training that may be necessary to complete theassigned duties effectively\\.
* Participatein agency surveys and any subsequently required reports\\.
* Attendand participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changesin your field as well as to maintain current license/certification, asrequired\\.
* Attendand participate in mandatory inservices\\.
* Honorpatients/residents' rights to fair and equitable treatment, self\\-determination,individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wagecomplaints\\.
* Complywith corporate compliance program\\.
* Reportjob\\-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards including exposureto blood and body fluids and others as necessary\\.
* Followestablished safety regulations, to include fire protection & prevention,smoking regulations, infection control, etc\\.
* Followestablished safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working withequipment\\.
* Performother related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor\\.
**MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:**
Minimum H\\.S\\. diploma orequivalent\\.
**MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:**
One or more years of experienceworking with adults in a healthcare setting\\.
Hospice or home care experiencedesirable\\.
**MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONREQUIRED BY LAW:**
Registered by the Nurse AideRegistry as a Certified Nurse Aide in the state where you will provide care\\.
Must have current driver'slicense and valid automobile liability insurance\\.
Must have Basic First Aid and CPRCertification\\.
**ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:\\(Preferred qualifications\\)**
* Attendance- must maintain timely, regular attendance\\.
* Communicateswell with patients/residents/clients and family members providing warm andfriendly greeting and an approachable attitude to families, visitors,patients/residents/clients and responds to expressed concerns while displayinga helpful, caring demeanor\\.Answersquestions when appropriate in a professional manner\\.
**Primary Location** Georgia\\-Cordele
**Shift** 1st Shift
**Job Posting** Feb 13, 2019, 2:10:06 PM
**Req ID:** 1901223
PruittHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its personnel practices against its partners or qualified applicants for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or a protected veteran.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, hospice, intensive care, neonatal, psychatric, registed, staff nurse, tcu, transitional, unit