Unit Coordinator Description
Provides and coordinates clinical services for residents / patients in the various units and is responsible for facilitating the interdisciplinary team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Assesses and evaluates the systems which facilitate the delivery of quality resident care.
* Facilitates the resolution of issues and concerns associated with resident / patient care including family issues.
* Implements and evaluates all nursing procedures and systems relative to unit programming.
* Makes nursing diagnoses that serve as the basis for the strategy of care.
* Performs nursing assessments regarding the health status of the resident / patient.
* Develops a plan of care and implements nursing care based on assessment.
* Provides health education to patients and their families.
* Participates in quality assurance activities.
* Adheres to scope of practice limitations based on qualifications.
* Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
* Will perform general nursing duties in cases of emergency or staffing shortages.
* May function as Unit Coordinator for specialty unit, such as Alzheimer's unit, in which case additional duties may be required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Unit Coordinator Requirements
* Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing preferred.
* Valid State licensure.
About this Organization
We focus on people. Our residents. Their lives. Their health. Their families. We are one of the largest providers of short-term and long-term health care services in the United States. Through our affiliated entities, services are provided through skilled nursing facilities in 21 states. The commitment is to provide compassionate, family oriented short-term and long-term care. Our affiliated entities focus on individualized care that respects the dignity and rights of the residents. The aim is to care for every resident the way we would care for our family members. We strive to provide residents with services designed to achieve quality care and quality of life. To reach these outcomes we subscribe to quality treatment with a combination of \"caring and curing\". Select facilities provide Intravenous Therapy Services, Respiratory Therapy Services, Dementia Services and all facilities provide Rehabilitation Services.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, care, maternal, nurse clinical, psychiatric, registed, surgery, transitional, unit