Industry: Information Technology - System Engineer And Technician
Type: Full Time
$101,530.00 - 144,510.00
As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Lead Solutions Engineer provides technical direction and hands on expertise to ensure the integrity of the operations environments, has experience in adjacent technology stacks, and understands the complex interworkings between stacks. This role requires a depth and breadth of technical subject matter expertise in order to provide guidance and oversight for critical systems within specific technologies. Technologies and skills in play here include Linux, Windows, application and platform security (access/identity), system scripting, application development and integration.
* Ensure that systems (e.g., infrastructure, application) conform to architectural standards.
* Address issues and collaborate to implement changes as necessary.
* Work collaboratively and provide expertise to software developers and project teams.
* Monitoring applications and software systems issues and opportunities.
* Utilize deep SDLC experience to provide support from architecture to implementation
* Oversee systems testing including stress testing, performance testing, functional testing and scalability testing.
* Develop systems scripting to develop automation processes, streamline routines, etc.
* Troubleshoot/resolve system issues including but not limited to application configuration, infrastructure, or database issues, interface issues, and batch program issues.
* Application development and engineering experience including baseline support experience
* Strong customer communication skills and excellent interpersonal communications
* Strong systems script development experience and the ability to write scripts
* Strong Linux systems knowledge and experience
* Strong Windows server experience including administration, troubleshooting/resolution
* Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
* Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
* Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
* Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
* Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
* Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
* Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills. Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician