Waitr is an on-demand restaurant platform designed to connect local restaurants to hungry consumers. Founded in Lake Charles, Louisiana, Waitr's mission is to develop the local food culture for communities across the United States by expanding the reach of local restaurant menus. Waitr now has more than 6,200 restaurant partners in more than 230 cities across the U.S.
Waitr is looking for a highly motivated leader to join our operations team as an Assistant City Manager in the Columbus, GA area. This position manages the drivers, lead drivers and assist City Managers in their market as well as their market's business operations. The drivers are the face of Waitr and this position is responsible for ensuring every interaction exceeds the customer and Restaurant partner's experience.
The ideal candidate is a great leader that can manage a large team, as well as a data-driven strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Responsible for the hands-on supervision and performance management of direct reports.
* Provide appropriate training and development to ensure staff are equipped with necessary up-to-date skills required to perform the essential functions of their position.
* Manage complex schedules and maintain target driver staffing level to ensure Waitr has drivers on the road when and where they are needed.
* Utilize market, driver delivery data and feedback to understand driver behavior, areas for improvement and market trends.
* Interviews, selects, trains, develops, coaches and disciplines departmental employees according to Waitr standards.
* Collaborate with cross-functional team members expand assigned market and launch new markets.
* Manage budgets, labor overrun and operating expenses to maximize profitability in your Market.
* Manage daily operations and execute strategic plans using information on driver schedules and coverage, weather, traffic and other market conditions.
* Create and execute driver engagement and development programs.
* Manage driver issues and communication with all drivers in your market.
Education? Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
Management Experience- Experience managing a team across multiple locations or from a distance. Project Management experience a plus.
Skills & Traits:
* Attention to detail and ability to adjust in an ever-changing environment.
* Excellent organization and time management skills.
* Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
What we offer:
* Competitive salary
* Life Insurance
* Short- and Long-term Disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.